  • 1. Data: 2011-04-21 21:28:19
    Temat: Java i multicore processors
    Od: A.L. <l...@a...com>

    Robiac research w tej sprawie natknalem sie na papier ktory moze byc
    interesujacy dla tak zwanego "ogolu"

    http://home.engineering.iastate.edu/~morris/papers/1
    0/ieeetc10.pdf

    Multi-threading in Java: Performance and Scalability on Multi-core
    Systems

    Kuo-Yi Chen, J. Morris Chang and Ting-Wei Hou

    Abstract--the performance and scalability issues of multithreaded Java
    programs on multi-core systems are studied in this paper. First, we
    examine the performance scaling of benchmarks with various numbers of
    processor cores and application threads. Secondly, by correlating
    low-level hardware performance data to JVM threads and system
    components, the detail analyses of performance and scalability are
    presented, such as the hardware stall events and memory system
    latencies. Thirdly, the usages of memory resource are detailed to
    observe the potential bottlenecks. Finally, the JVM tuning techniques
    are proposed to alleviate the bottlenecks, and improve the performance
    and scalability.

    Several key findings are revealed through this study. First, the lock
    contentions usually lead to a strong limitation of scalability.
    Secondly, in terms of memory access latencies, the most of memory
    stalls are produced by L2 cache misses and cache-tocache transfers.
    Finally, the overhead of minor garbage collections could be an
    important factor of throughput reductions. Based on these findings,
    the appropriate JVM tuning techniques are examined in this study. We
    observe that the use of a parallel garbage collector and an
    appropriate ratio of young to old generation can alleviate the
    overhead of minor collection and improve the efficiency of garbage
    collections.

    A.L.

  • 2. Data: 2011-04-22 09:59:45
    Temat: Re: Java i multicore processors
    Od: Michal Kleczek <k...@g...com>

    A. L. wrote:

    > Robiac research w tej sprawie natknalem sie na papier ktory moze byc
    > interesujacy dla tak zwanego "ogolu"
    >
    > http://home.engineering.iastate.edu/~morris/papers/1
    0/ieeetc10.pdf

    > Multi-threading in Java: Performance and Scalability on Multi-core
    > Systems

    Dzieki - bardzo przydatna rzecz. Pozwole sobie w zwiazku z tym zrobic cross-
    post do pl.comp.lang.java.
    Szkoda tylko, ze nie ma porownan z uzyciem nowego G1 GC w HotSpot (pewnie
    zbyt nowe).

    --
    Michal

Wpisz nazwę miasta, dla którego chcesz znaleźć jednostkę ZUS.

Wzory dokumentów

Bezpłatne wzory dokumentów i formularzy.
Wyszukaj i pobierz za darmo: