  • Data: 2010-02-02 14:00:05
    Temat: Ten Reasons Why 3D TV May Fail (was: sky 3d)
    Od: Marek <n...@a...w.pl> szukaj wiadomości tego autora

    Cześć pawell32
    Tue, 02 Feb 2010 00:46:19 +0100 w <news:4b6767bf$1@news.home.net.pl>
    napisałeś:

    > sky testował mecz w 3d.
    > ciekawe jaka to odległa przyszłość?

    znalazłem tez takie zestawienie (żadna wyrocznia, w końcu wiele
    wynalazków teoretycznie nie miało prawa się przyjąć, a jednak :)

    Ten Reasons Why 3D TV May Fail

    Will we all watch 3D TV in the future, or will it remain a niche product
    meant for science fiction movies, video games, or special sporting
    events? As we've seen with the breakout success of the movie Avatar,
    there is definitely consumer willingness to enjoy 3D at the movies. But,
    it is still an open question whether consumers will buy a 3D experience
    for the home. Here are ten reasons why in-home 3D TV may never achieve
    mass market appeal.
    1. Glasses
    need I say more. Who wants to buy them, keep track of them, or even wear
    them? Are you eager to wear geeky 3D glasses and sit silently in front
    of a TV in a darkened room every night?
    2. TV Watching is Social
    Home TV watching is in many ways a social experience. You watch with
    your family or friends with the lights on. You may talk about the show
    or something else. Multitaskers may even be on the Internet, chatting,
    tweeting or texting from their phone. 3D viewing abruptly alters the
    social nature of TV watching.
    3. Compatibility
    Think the brand new flat panel TV you bought recently will show 3D?
    Think again. You will need to upgrade just about everything including
    the cables.
    4. Lack of content
    Even if you are fortunate enough to buy a 3D TV when they first come
    out, along with a 3D Blu-ray player, you won't have much to watch. Even
    if you could watch more, what do you really have to watch in 3D?
    5. Confusion
    3D adds a new layer of complexity to the already complicated TV,
    satellite/cable, dvd player hook-up process. New technical 3D jargon
    will further confuse consumers. There are currently different ways to
    capture and displa y 3D, which can require different types of glasses
    and/or equipment. Confused yet? So am I.
    6. Health risks
    3D viewing can induce headaches, disorientation, nausea, or eye-strain
    for some people. 3D tricks the brain and puts your eyes through a
    serious workout. Nobody knows yet, since there have been no major
    studies what, if any, long-term effects extensive 3D watching may cause.
    7. Unwatchable 3D Footage
    3D video is unwatchable without special glasses. If you were told right
    now your TV would only work if you wore special glasses, how many of
    those TVs do you think would sell? Admittedly that is an untrue example,
    but it's still the same question consumers will answer with their purse
    strings.
    8. Just Good-enough Syndrome
    This is not a disease, but many peopl e are quite happy with their new
    flat panel TV purchase of recent years. At the same time everything is
    not yet broadcast in full HD and the majority are still happy with
    regular DVD quality. Even the blu-ray market has yet to take off.
    Convincing consumers to adopt a new format may be a tough sell.
    9. Discs are dying
    No funerals please. With improved streaming capabilities and greater
    digital home storage, inevitably discs (cd, dvd and blu-ray) will be
    replaced with on-demand streaming. It may take another decade, but how
    we consume media will likely not include discs. This isn't necessarily
    bad for 3D, but it takes 2-4 times more storage and greater download
    speeds to stream 3D. Bandwidth limitations are likely to be an issue.
    10. History Lessons
    Bringing sweeping change to home TV watching takes time, a very long
    time. It took HDTV about 20 years to achieve market dominance with the
    help of a government mandate. For better or worse, I don't expect
    government involvement this time. The electronics and entertainment
    industries will have their work cut out for them.
    --
    Pozdrawiam,
    Marek